DID YOU KNOW?
The currywurst was invented by Herta Heuwer in 1949 in Berlin. She obtained Ketchup, Worcerstershire sauce and curry powder from British soldiers in Germany and mixed these ingredients with other spices and poured it over grilled sausage. The Berliner Currywurst was born. It is an icon of German popular culture.
By tradition, every candidate for the mayor of Berlin is photographed at a currywurst stand!
How to cook: CHEF BAE BRATWURST SAUSAGES:
1. Set heat to medium & Heat oil in a frying pan. Use 1 cup of vegetable oil, such as Canola or Sunflower Oil.
2. Gently place BRATWURST into the frying pan.
3. Cook for approximately, 6 mins. Keep turning the sausage to achieve that crispy golden brown colour.
4. Once you see the Sausage turn to that beautiful golden brown color, make sure to take it out. Use tongs as the sausage may be very hot.
5. Once the sausage is cool, drizzle that Curry Sauce and sprinkle that golden curry powder over.
6. Best served with fries.
"it's all about the sauce.."
it is the sauce that makes the Berliner stand out. What's in it? The famous Curry Ketchup is a combination of Tomato Paste, Apple Sauce and a splash of Worcestershire and Balsamic Vinegar.
The Famous Currywurst Sauce
Original Berliner Rezept
50g concentrated tomato paste
40g apple sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp balsamic
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp curry powder
In a pan, heat the Tomato paste and curry until it's lightly caramelized. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Add water to dilute into a almost runny sauce. It will thicken once cooled. Heat on medium low until the sauce begins to bubble. Let it cool.
Transfer to a bowl/bottle once cooled. You're ready to squirt!
Original Berlin Style Curry Powder
While the sauce cools it's time to take care of the Curry Powder.
The Original Curry Wurst Receipe calls for 8 ingredients.
In case you don't have all 8 spices on hand, try our simplified version below.
2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp fennugreek seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
Simplified Berliner Curry Powder Recipe
2 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Curry Powder
1/2 tsp sweet Paprika
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
Chef's Advice: Heat spices to release maximum flavors.
Roast spices in a frying pan until the aromas start to release their fragrant aromas.
Cool spices. Once cooled, grind in a powder with a mortar or spice grinder. Sprinkle generously over the sausages! Na, dann Guten Appetit!
Korean Bulgogi Cocktail Sausage Lunch Box (Bento)
Are you tired of having the same lunch ? Look no further!
Your kids will love you!
1 pack Chef Bae Korean Bulgogi Cocktail Sausage
1 small Lettuce
Side dishes *optional
1. Cook rice. Let it cool and set aside.
2. Wash lettuce and set aside.
3. Heat cocktail Sausages. Let it cool and set aside.
4. n olive oil
Szechuan Cocktail Sausage Hot Pot
Are you having Hot Pot tonight?
If so, make sure to add Chef Bae Szechuan Cocktail Sausages to your Hot Pot!
1 pack Chef Bae Szechuan Mala Cocktail Sausage
1. Heat Hot Pot
2. Add Chef Bae Szechuan Cocktail Sausages.
3. Emerge from bath after 3-5 mins & enjoy!